bits + pieces.
it's been a long week. a long, exhausting, trying week. i have been covered in pee, puke and poop and have been averaging about five hours of sleep a night, which is thrilling let me tell ya. the big kids have been bickering non-stop and birdie has been throwing tantrums. it was a little cold outside for like a minute and now we are wearing shorts and blasting the a/c. this texas winter has been a real bummer. it does not feel like christmas, but we are going with it. no matter how difficult this week may have been and all of it's ups and downs, i look back on these photos and i smile. one day i will miss these days. the days of chaos and juggling babies and burning dinner and mountains of laundry and feeling lucky if i get to take more than two showers a week. my friend elise and i were just laughing about this over the phone tonight. i love this crazy life.
1. our first dragon fruit. it tastes a little like kiwi, only not as sweet.
2. my chubby baby.
3. an intense game of chess.
4. i didn't create an advent calendar like last year, instead i wrap up a new or used book every night for the kids to open, share and read together each morning.
5. say hello to miss frances farmer.
6. only the top half of our tree is decorated this year.
7. sequential spelling.
8. birdie lunch.
9. morning chores.
10. a little table and chairs.
11 & 12. hanging out with the ladies.
13. a little backyard nap.
a couple of things: check out these cute handmade mobiles by drea. she takes custom orders for any of you who are interested. aaand check out my pal susan's awesome new e-book, a hip handmade holiday. have a great weekend!