bits + pieces of our week.
and now it's the weekend. it seems like our weekends and our weeks in this house are one in the same. well, to me they are. the kids see the difference. they see no school on saturdays and sundays. they see sleep overs with friends and getting to stay up late on friday and saturday nights. i see most of the same day in and day out. being a mom, a wife, a neighbor, a friend... a blogger. sure, some days i school and others i don't. some days i run errands and others i don't. but for the most part they are all one in the same. aubrey doesn't work a regular nine to five so some days he works and others he doesn't. we don't have a count down to friday at five o'clock. sometimes i miss the weekends. i mean the real, get excited because it's friday, jump up and down weekends that we used to have. most of our days run into one another and sometimes, as embarrassing as it is to admit, i forget which day it is. but most of the time i am thankful. thankful that i get to stay home with my kids every day, thankful that we have the freedom to make our own schedule and thankful that i don't have the dreaded monday blues. that is a perk i suppose.
1. leg rolls. she still got em'.
2. breakfast of cake.
3. aubrey has been sorting, cleaning, sleeving and cataloging our record collection for days. it's a messy job. there are records all over the front room in stacks and boxes.
4. a sweet day dreaming boy.
5. gerber daisies that make me happy every time i look at them.
6. our littlest chicken keeper.
7. a mid-day snack and some useful reading.
8. old photos that i hung using sticky tack, but i see the sticky tack doesn't work very well. i need a better solution.
9. i just started unpacking things from the wedding and found that several of our pretty mismatched plates are broken. this makes me sad.
10. our one and only kitchen window that lets in just a little bit of sun.
11. my nose twin.
12. a little known fact about yours truly. i always wear socks. around the house i mean. even in the middle of the summer it's thick, white sport socks everyday. cold feet.
and now for the winner of the thrive furniture kennedy chair giveaway.
ooh, some one is going to be so happy tonight!!!
the winner is KATE from the forkandvine blog! CONGRATULATIONS KATE!!!! i took a peek at your blog and it is so charming, hope you don't mind me linking it here and i hope you fall in love with your new kennedy chair. we sure love ours! thank you again to our friends over at thrive furniture for such a generous and exciting giveaway!