Dear Miss James & Aubrey,
In honor of your special day, I've concocted a fancy LOVE potion for the two of you! This cocktail has the perfect balance of sweet, bitter, bubbles and tang--much like a healthy marriage. I hope the extra gin makes you DRUNK with LOVE.
Let's raise a glass and CHEERS to your new life together as husband & wife. I wish you all the love & happiness you deserve.
Love always from your friend,
GIN & POMEGRANATE LOVE POTION
(makes 2 drinks)
-4 oz. Hendrick’s Gin
-1 1/2 cup sparkling water
-1 oz. pomegranate syrup (recipe below)
-4 lime wedges
-2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
1. Fill both glasses with ice.
2. Squeeze 2 lime wedges into each glass & drop them in.
3. Add 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds to each glass and pour 2 oz. of gin, 3/4 sparkling water then slowly pour 1/2 oz. pomegranate syrup on top.
4. Stir well & garnish with more pomegranate seeds and a straw. Enjoy!
-2 cups pomegranate juice (sweetened)
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. In a saucepan, combine pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice over medium heat.
2. Stir until sugar has completely dissolved. Allow to cook over medium high heat for 20-25 minutes, or until juice has reduced to the consistency of syrup.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.