twiggy was born lesley hornby in the fall of 1948. she was named "the face of 66" by the london daily express and by the tender age of 16 she was known internationally as the world's first super model. (sorry janice dickenson, but it's true.) she was known for her large eyes, long lashes, waif like thin frame and has been called the most famous model of all time. we love her for her high fashion mod look, her pixie hair cut and her drawn on false eyelashes. she later went on to become an award winning actor and singer. we love you twiggy!
i have sooo many things in my house that i love. so so many. and i want to show you all of them but of course i cannot do that all at once, so i decided i'd try a fun little blog project called "bleubird show & tell." i've asked a handful of friends to play along with me.
i'll go first...
i collect vintage view masters and reels from the 50's, 60's and 70's. they are on my coffee table for guests to browse through instead of the normal coffee table book. i have quite the library of view master reels. over 200 sets. here are two of my very favorites.
1. celina - I stumbled across this original 1967 Walt Disney "Happiest Songs" record at a thrift store in my little city. I was looking through the records section and this was partially hidden underneath all the other records so I ignored it, but for some reason it kept catching my eye. So I finally took a look at it and I was sooo stoked! Now it's my favorite vinyl. I love its cover art and it always brings back some happy childhood memories.
2. allison - I've been wanting to start a collection of vintage cameras for awhile now: even before I was actively interested in photography, I loved the lines of a classic camera. I always checked the camera section at the thrift store, but just didn't find a camera that spoke to me, that seemed special enough to be my first. That is, until I saw this 1959 Bell and Howell Electric Eye 127 waiting for me on the shelf, fully-functional and complete with it's case and original manual. Love! Joy! Perfection!
3. jordy - This is the original logo t-shirt for my charity, Rock Your Cause™. The organization is a marriage of couture and cause so that you can literally wear your cause on your sleeve. We've realized that when it comes to people communicating with one and other, fashion speaks louder than words... I love it because it's the perfect project to spend my free time on. I get to combine fashion and philanthropy - all from my university bedroom... how many people get to do that!?
4. jamie - i <3 knomes so very much. my cute Mister & I hide this one around our home from each other, alittle game we have;)
7. sarah - i love love love... las vegas! i got this cute little snowglobe years ago from my best friend. fun note: the date stated is my next trip to LV (my third time this year.. eek!)
10. jena - I am totally obsessed with cats! I have a special place in my heart for them. And I just love this funky little CATS flipout book we found at an estate sale. It has the funniest drawn images of different breeds along with little descriptions. And I noticed after I took this pic that one of my real cats (our new kitten!) was in the shot. Too perfect.
11. lehua - he's something/someone that i love very much. he's my fiance/best friend/everything all into one. i talk a lot about my wedding on my website, so i thought i'd show off the boy.
13. tiffany - here I am with my new purchase... a Top Hat! Doesn't everyone need a top hat? I think so! I got it for only $15 at a thrift store and I will LOVE it forever!
16. jessica - I've loved to roller skate ever since I was a little girl. Last year I was ecstatic to be a part of the Whip-It movie, Drew Barrymore's directorial debut. Being on that movie set was one of the best times of my life, and I will never forget it! I love these skates because I wore them in the movie and they'll always remind me of that awesome experience!
17. gabbie - this is my PanAm flight bag. It's really special to me because it was a gift from my mom, who got it in North Carolina last year. It holds all my daily essentials and I just think it looks super cool :) it's been my favorite handbag all year and I'm sure it will be for a long time.
18. amber - My show and tell is the first record I ever bought, Matt Skiba and Kevin Seconds spilt record. It is by far one of my favorites that I own, and every time I play it, it feels like the first time!! And I did get my first kiss while listening to this record so it holds a lot of sweet memories for me.
19. katie - wax lips! super cherry, super chewy, super delicious and super fun!!!
22. will - Hi, I am Will Vastine and I really enjoy taking photos. Its kind of a passion of mine. I love the joy of being able to create and capture something that no one else has ever done every time I click the shutter release. And what's even cooler is that its a universal. Every time you take a photo, you've created something unique and caught a moment in time that will never happen again. I will never be able to take the same photo as you! How cool is that? Have fun shooting and just enjoy it.
25. lisa - my polaroid is one of my favorite things because i think it's truly what a photograph should be. you get to capture the moment and then actually hold it in your hand. love love love!
28. cassidy - She cranked it around, and from it's depths, it produced a sweet little sound .. I love these little musical things; ecspecially this unicorn one. It reminds me of my childhood, when I believed in magical things and fairytales and mythical creatures and santa. Childhood is innocence; oh how I wish I could have it back.
this was so so much fun! i think i'm going to continue "bleubird show & tell" regularly here on the blog so if you'd like to play along, please send me a photo of yourself and something that you would like to share with the world...plus a tiny description. send submissions to hello[at]bleubirdvintage[dot]com.
*if you don't see your photo on this weeks show & tell, not to fret, we had so many participants that we had to save some for next time. :)